Join us for a full day of advanced beekeeping information with Clarence Collison, Kent Williams, and Mike Studer at our annual workshop. We will begin at 8:00 on Saturday, February 12th, 2022 at the Ed Jones Auditorium located at the Ellington Agriculture Center. Directions to Ed Jones Auditorium.
- The Role of Queen Pheromones in the Colony – Clarence Collison
- Raising Queens for Replacement – Kent Williams
- A Closer look at Factors Affecting Queen Quality – Clarence Collison
- The State of Beekeeping in Tennessee – Mike Studer
- Investigating Beehive Issues – Clarence Collison
- Managing Your Hives for Maximum Production – Kent Williams
Your $40 registration fee includes your lunch. For non-members of NABA, we encourage you to join our association for an additional cost of $25 per family. This gives you access to our monthly newsletter and many educational programs. Parking is free and convenient in the lots adjacent to Ed Jones Auditorium. Covid guidelines in effect at the time will be followed.
Dr. Clarence H. Collison is an Emeritus Professor of Entomology and Emeritus Head of the Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology at Mississippi State University. He writes the monthly column “A Closer Look” and prior to that “Do You Know?” for Bee Culture and has published two books.
Kent Williams is a Master Beekeeper and has been keeping bees for over 30 years. He currently has several hundred hives in his apiaries in Western Kentucky and Mississippi. A member of the Kentucky Queen Breeders Association, Kent raises queens, makes nucs, and provides packages. In addition to speaking to beekeepers, he runs his own school for beekeepers at his Kentucky farm every April.
Mike Studer is the Tennessee State Apiarist and is responsible for colony inspections, moving permits, apiary registrations, apiary inspection grants, and other regulatory issues.
Want to take your beekeeping to a higher level?
- If you are a beginner, this is a way to build on what you have learned so far.
- If you are a 2nd or 3rd year beekeeper, this is perfect for you.
- If you are a skilled beekeeper, this is your chance to learn from some of the country’s leading experts
Interested? Register below. Registration is limited to the first 100 people.